About Me

My photo
I am a biology teacher by day but a crazy triathlete and runner at all other times.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Not a great running day

I went out for a run today and it sucked. First of all, I went too late in the afternoon when it was still too hot on the road but that wasn't my problem. Second, I had this pain in my foot the entire time. I was supposed to go out for 45 minutes but I got 10 minutes out and, bothered by my foot, decided to just go to the bridge in Keene Valley and turn around to go home. I slowed down to make sure I was planting correctly and not pushing off too hard. So, I did 3.06 miles in 34 minutes. Yuck!!! I have ice ready for tonight. Hopefully, tomorrow will be easy with a swim and a short bike and then it will be fine for Race the Train on Saturday.

Other random updates, I have become addicted to the Twilight series of books by Stephanie Meyers. I read Twilight and New Moon is a couple of days and have ordered the third book Eclipse and the new one so I should have them by Monday or Tuesday. They are intriguing even though they annoy me sometimes with teenage angst and a relationship far too developed for a teenager. Joe is also reading them and is as intrigued as I am (well, maybe not as intrigued but he is being entertained by the writing) and I think we got Joe's sister hooked as well. Sorry about that!!!

Finishing the second book is the reason I went out far too late in the afternoon for my run. Oh, well. It was well worth the trade-off.

No comments: