About Me

My photo
I am a biology teacher by day but a crazy triathlete and runner at all other times.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

1st Mini Triathlon of the Season

After being lazy for a week, I came back to the High Peaks Cyclery's Mini Triathlon series that are held every Monday night during the summer at Mirror Lake. This was my first mini-tri of the season. I wasn't sure what to expect as I had been lazy last week and all I really wanted to do was have fun. Boy did I!!! I was expecting to go out and take it easy but once I started, I felt great and just kept pushing. Here is the race overview:
Swim - 400 yards - 9:37.94
T1 - 1:35.23
Bike - 12.5 miles - 45:21.61
T2- 1:10:42
Run - 3 miles - 30:32.93
Total time: 1:28.18

I PRed!!! My fastest time up until yesterday was a 1:30. The swim felt short and fast even though it isn't my best swim ever. The bike I pushed on the whole time and averaged around 16 mph which is great for me. The hills even felt easy on the bike yesterday. The run felt slow. I just didn't have much left. Plus, I knew I had to run a 32 min 3 miles in order to PR. I had a great day.

Today, who knows what I will do. Make chicken noodle soup for my husband who is not feeling well. The weather is nasty out (hot and humid) so today may be an off day and then back into it tomorrow. I do have to do an hour run on Thursday. That is my only set workout of the week.

No comments: