About Me

My photo
I am a biology teacher by day but a crazy triathlete and runner at all other times.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Post chemo day1 (or day 2 if you are an oncologist)

Felt a little tired last night when we got home from the infusion suite then went to bed and was wide awake! This I found out was a side effect of the steroid they are giving me. I was so comfortable in my bed though that I didn't want to leave it. I finally decided not to bother my husband any more so I went down into my recliner and just sat there reading facebook and my email. I am having a few side effects from chemo - my feet felt like they were on fire last night and they are worried that is an early sign of neuropathy so they are going to potentially change my dose. I was a little pink/rosy from the steroid they are giving me too. I am also already not a fan of any food or drink that is hot or super sweet - it doesn't taste very good to me. I have a feeling like I am slightly car sick but I was in a car being driven around all afternoon so I may have been slightly car sick. I popped a ginger mint and felt better immediately. But I feel good. I don't feel like me, but a slightly altered version of me. I am taking my anti-nausea drugs. I am keeping my skin clean and moist to prevent skin peeling. I am using my biotene toothpaste and rinsing with ACT dry mouth to prevent mouth sores. I am really hoping I can just cruise through this. My surgeon saw me quickly and unexpectedly today while I was going to get my neulasta shot just to check in on my healing and he was really excited that I am still healing well. I am definitely feeling like I am a pin cushion now - soon enough a tattoo will follow so I might as well get used to being poked by needles. I have learned to request a specific nurse every time I am getting my port accessed or my neulasta shot - she is just better at it than the other nurses. So, I feel like things are going smoothly right now! I hope it keeps up!

No comments: