About Me

My photo
I am a biology teacher by day but a crazy triathlete and runner at all other times.

Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm on the bike

Yesterday marked 8 weeks post surgery and 25 doctors appointments since February 1. As a celebration of how far I've come, I asked my husband to put my bike on my trainer and I road for the first time since March 14! I only road for 10 minutes but I missed it very much! I also realized how extremely out of shape I am. It will be a long road back to marathon/Ironman shape. I do have to be careful not to extend my reach too far and hurt my stitches but I enjoyed the experience. I can't quite put my hands on my handle bars completely but I can use my aerobar arm pads to keep me up a little higher. I liked the challenge of it so much, I got back on today and I would spend 30 seconds on the handle bars then up on the aerobar pads. No aero position for me yet. Maybe I can do more tomorrow and then add on 5 minutes next week! I can't wait for the pain associated with my first run which is coming soon! I know it will be difficult going through chemo and starting to run and bike again but I can't wait for that challenge.

No comments: