About Me

My photo
I am a biology teacher by day but a crazy triathlete and runner at all other times.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

First week in Keene Valley

What fun it has been to be in Keene Valley. It is my place to de-stress, sleep, and get rid of the end of the school year cold!!! I am finally feeling like myself again after suffering from that horrible sinus infection for about 3 weeks. I am finally feeling strong again which is helping my confidence when it comes to Ironman. It has been great training on the Ironman course. I actually did my 3 hour run on the run course today and found out that 1) it will be lonely on River Road at night and 2) the hill coming back into town is torture, it is short but steep and brutal. This may be a walking hill to save the legs for the later portions of the marathon. Only 1 more long run and 2 more long bikes until I start to taper. 24 days!!! I can almost hear it "Kelly Sullivan, you are an Ironman"!!!!! Oh, the tears that come to my eyes when I think about it.

No comments: