About Me

My photo
I am a biology teacher by day but a crazy triathlete and runner at all other times.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Monday, July 27

We woke up to all of our stuff that needed to be unpacked and friends and family still sleeping because I think it is harder to watch sometimes than it is to participate – just standing all day and waiting is exhausting. We were tired and a sore but overall felt better than we had expected. I still can’t believe that people can cover 140.6 miles in one day even though I actually did it. So, what do you do when you become an Ironman, you go shopping!!! We went back to the oval and spent a lot of money on Ironman gear. We put the stickers on my car that day as well. We went to the awards ceremony and saw the volunteer video and the video of the day. It was a beautiful day to become an Ironman, wasn’t it!

No comments: