About Me

My photo
I am a biology teacher by day but a crazy triathlete and runner at all other times.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Getting Ready for Tinman

So, I am doing the Tupper Lake Tinman on June 29. This will be my first half Ironman. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I finished my last long workout before the event. I have gone over-distance in all of the disciplines with several 1.5 mile swims, a 14.1 mile run in which I felt like I could go several more miles if I needed to, and a 56 mile and 64 mile bike rides. I am just not sure if I can do all of them on the same day. I guess I will find out.

I am a little afraid of the day mostly because of nutrition. I have been struggling with nutrition. Haven't figured this out yet because every time I go out and think that I have it figured out, I end up with horrible stomach cramps or intestinal issues. What works one day doesn't the next.
I got my Infinit nutrition yesterday and will be trying that this weekend.

Stay tuned!

No comments: